Shredded Brussel Sprout Salad
This recipe is full of bold seasonal flavors and is gluten/dairy/grain free!
- 2 cups shredded brussel sprouts (buy pre-shredded or shred your own in a food processor)
- 4 slices of Nature's Rancher bacon
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cups pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 sprig's worth of thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop bacon into 1/2 inch pieces and crisp in a frying pan over medium heat. Let cool on a paper towel lined plate to absorb grease.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, honey, lemon juice & zest, thyme, and salt/pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, our vinaigrette over the brussel sprouts, apple, pomegranate, and walnuts. Mix well, taste, and add additional salt/pepper as needed.
- Add the bacon immediately before serving (on one wants soggy bacon!)
Nature's Rancher http://naturesrancher.com/