Jalapeno Sausage and Shrimp Jambalaya
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds of Nature's Rancher jalapeno sausage (or Old World for a less spicy option), sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried C&J Farms Thyme
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 1/2 Creole seasoning
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes, with juice
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice (or used cooked rice to decrease cook time)
- 1 pound salad shrimp, peeled and deveined (optional)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add sausage, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove sausage with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- Add onion and next 7 ingredients to hot drippings in Dutch oven; sauté 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in reserved sausage, tomatoes, broth, and rice.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, covered, 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in shrimp; cover and cook 5 minutes or until done.
- Sprinkle each serving with green onions.
Nature's Rancher http://naturesrancher.com/